Google Search Console is a free service offered by Google that helps you monitor and maintain your site's presence in Google Search results.
If you have recently added a new page to your website it is highly recommended to upload a new version of your website sitemap to Google Search Console account.
How to do it?
First of all, you would need to create a Search Console account and verify that you are a website owner. To create an account please follow this link and follow the instructions: https://www.google.com/webmasters
For your website verification, please use meta tag option. Based on our experience it is the easiest way to do it! You would need to copy & paste the code provided by Google to the <header> section of your website.
- Select Design from the left hand menu
- Select Advanced
- Scroll down to Custom Sitemap
- Click the Choose File button
- Select the sitemap.xml file from your computer
- Then press the Upload button
- Press the Save button on the top right to finish
The force platform has a sitemap.xml file built in. This tutorial will show you how to download it from your website so you can use it on 3rd party applications.
- Click the person icon on the top right
- Select Site Settings
- Select Sitemap
- Click the XML Sitemap link
- On the pop up window right click/control click and save
Once you've accessed your websites sitemap you can also add the sitemap to your Google Console by following the steps below:
Select your site on your Google Search Console home page.
Click ADD/TEST SITEMAP.
In the text field next to your domain, type sitemap.xml.
Click Submit Sitemap.