- Click Extras on the left hand menu
- Select Hootsuite and copy the URL/RSS link provided under the Hootsuite logo (this URL/RSS link is specific to your blog). Finally click on the Hootsuite Login button
- A new tab will open with the login Hootsuite page. If you are already a member, enter in your associated email and password. If not, select create a new account
- Once successfully logged in, you will enter into the Hootsuite dashboard. Select the gear wheel (settings) button on the left menu bar and click RSS/ATOM on the sub-menu
- In the pop-up box that appears, click on the +icon (add new feed)
- Once a new pop-up box displays, paste in the URL/RSS link you have previously copied under Feed/URL
- Select the social networks that you want to send the feed item to such as Twitter, Facebook, etc
- Choose how often new blog posts will be posted to the selected social media accounts
- Select how many blog posts to send to your network per check
- You can also include a text preview by selecting the check box for text from posts in messages and/or hide the link preview from your blog post by selecting the check box to hide link preview on social networks.
- Send a prewritten message such as a hashtag along with your posts if wanted by filling in the prepend text to each message text box
- Shorten your URL by selecting a provider in the drop-down menu below
- Lastly, click save feed to activate your Hootsuite integration.
Our Force Platform has RSS built into the dashboard. Once logged into your dashboard navigate to My Content -> Blog/Newsletter section.
Once you are in this section, you will see two buttons Add New/Content Library and beside these buttons you will find the RSS feed hyperlink.
When you visit the RSS feed page, the plain text of your RSS feed will be provided. You can use this feed within hootsuite and wherever RSS feed's are supported.