Ever find yourself lacking the time or motivation to create an email newsletter for your clients? Do you have an interest in further promoting your blog content?
MailChimp's RSS-Driven Campaign/RSS to Email tool takes content from your website's blog (or any RSS feed) and sends it as an email newsletter to your subscribers automatically each time an update to a blog post has been detected. Click here to learn more about RSS feeds.
Click here to learn more detail about what the Mailchimp integration is and the benefits of using it.
STEP 1: Log in to your website dashboard (if you don't know how to do that, click here). Once you're in, click on the Extras tab.
STEP 2: Select MailChimp from the Extras menu.
STEP 3: Login or Sign Up Today to connect your MailChimp account to your website dashboard.
Once your MailChimp account has been successfully connected to your dashboard, scroll down and fill in the fields below.
- manage your subscribers that will receive this email newsletter through the subscriber lists in your MailChimp account. Click here to learn how to manage your subscriber lists.
- fill in an email subject line for your newsletter (eg. Blog of the Month)
STEP 5: Set the tracking schedule to which you would like MailChimp to check for blog post updates. If an update has been detected, an email newsletter will go out to your subscribers.
- Daily email newsletters: If you would like for MailChimp to check for updates and to send an email newsletter everyday, set your schedule to every day as well as choose the time and day/s to which it will perform this function. (e.g. everyday, except for Sundays, at 5am, blogs will be checked)
- Weekly email newsletters: If you would like MailChimp to send weekly newsletters, select every week from the first drop down menu. Choose the day of the week and time to which you would like blog updates to be checked. (e.g.every week on Sunday at 5am, blogs will be checked)
- Monthly email newsletters: If you would like MailChimp to check for blog updates once a month, select every month from the first drop down menu. Choose the day of the month and time to which you would like blog updates to be checked. (e.g.every 5th day of the month at 5am, blogs will be checked)
STEP 6: You can choose to have this RSS to Email tool take effect immediately by check marking the start the campaign now box. Once all the fields have been completed, click the large green button at the button that reads create campaign.
Now you can sit back and blog. MailChimp will automatically send out an email newsletter whenever new blog updates have been detected.