For people to find your website, we need to configure a website address that people will type on their browsers (www.example.com) to point to your website with us.
Step 1: Purchase Domain Name
First, make sure that you have a website address people can type on their browser. To do this, you will need to purchase a domain name. Our number #1 recommendation for the domain name provider is GoDaddy registrar. You can purchase your domain name through GoDaddy here.
Step 2: Configure DNS Settings
Now that you have a domain name purchased, it is time to configure it! We will be changing the settings of your domain name to the following:
- A record – needs to have value of (@) and point to 188.8.131.52
- Add another A record for (@) and point to 184.108.40.206
- Change your CNAME to example.us1.advisor.ws (This is your website dashboard address.)
- Make sure to save your changes if necessary!
To update these settings, we will need to go to the dashboard of your Domain registrar account and click on ‘Manage DNS’.
Depending on your domain provider, this process will be different. If you need further assistance, please contact your domain provider’s support team.
Please note that brackets around www and @ are for illustrative purposes, do not add brackets when modifying DNS Zone File.
Step 3: Adding Domain to The Dashboard
The final step is to connect your website address/domain name to your website dashboard.
- Login to your AW website dashboard.
- On the top right corner of your website dashboard, click on the person icon.
- On the menu that appears, choose the Switch Accounts options.
- You will get a new screen with your site name on a dropdown menu and two buttons below it.
- Make sure that your site name is correct and click on Website settings.
- Click on Manage Domains.
- At the bottom of the pop-up, type your domain name using the new domain field.
- Click Add.
- Once your domain name appears under Current Domain Name Aliases, you’re all good!
If you have additional questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.