Blog categorization is a powerful tool that financial advisors and/or their marketing team can use to display their content as one would display a table of contents in a book. This will not only allow your visitors to know what topics you blog about but also let them find the information they are interested in faster. Tags are generally more specific than categories and can be compared to the index page of a book.
- Select Content on the left hand menu
- Select Blogs
- If you have already created several blog posts from the past, you will see a list of these. If you would like to categorize these blog posts, click the title links or select edit on the far right. If you would like to create a new blog post and categorize that, select new blog on the top right corner
- If you have selected an old blog post, click the edit tab. If you have selected the new blog option, you will already notice the tag field. This is where you would add in your category titles/tags to categorize your blog posts
- Add in the words that you would like your blog posts to be categorized by. Ensure that these tag words are related to the blog post you are categorizing
- e.g. Blog post title: Why Women Make Better Investors than Men
- Tag: investors
- Once you have typed your tag word into the tag field click add and select save as draft to save your progress and to preview without making it live on the website
- To publish the event on the live website select edit > then press the green Publish button or the Submit to Compliance button if your website is on a compliance workflow
- Once you have added all the tags to your blog posts, you can place a category menu on the side of your blog page. Please contact our support team for assistance with this task
Sample categories on a blog post
1. While logged in to your Dashboard. Go to the My Content tab and click on the Blog option below it, then navigate to the blog post that you want to add the categories to and select Edit.
2. Find the categories field and type your custom text there.
3. To save your progress and to view the update without making it live select the Draft button at the bottom. To publish the update on the live website press the Needs Review button.