Congratulations on getting to this point! We know launching a website can be overwhelming but we’re here to help you through to the end.
Before we get into the steps you need to take to launch your website, it is important to understand how it will work.
There are three factors for a website to work and display on the web:
So, how do we connect everything so that anyone who types your website address (domain name) will go to your website?
If you purchased your domain name from GoDaddy, follow these steps to make changes using the domain provider dashboard:
- Log in to your GoDaddy account.
- Navigate to Domains.
- Select the domain that you wish to set up the DNS settings for and click “Manage”.
- Click “Manage DNS” on the next page.
5. Next, click “add” under DNS Records.
6. Add two IP addresses. Select TTL to be ½ Hour when adding.
7. Click add record once each IP address has been entered.
Next, you will need to add a CNAME Record, this will point your domain to your unique website. You should have received an email from your onboarding agent providing you with the CNAME. This will be added the same way you added the IP Addresses.
8. Add another record and select type CNAME with “www” in the Name field.
9. Add your CNAME to the Value field and set TTL to ½ hour. After this is complete you can click “Add record”.
10. Once all the steps are complete, reply back to our team to ensure that we add your domain to our records as well. This is the last step to the launch!
If you would prefer to talk to GoDaddy’s technical support, I recommend chatting with them for faster resolution.
You can do so by clicking the drop-down arrow beside your name and clicking “Chat Now.”
Once you get through to an agent, send the records your onboarding expert will have provided to you and let them know that you need this added to your domain name.
When they confirm it has been added, don’t forget to reply back to our team so we can add your domain name to our records as well. This is the last step to the launch!
Note that DNS records take up to 24 hours to propagate. If nothing is working after 24 hours, please reverify that you put in the correct settings and try opening the website through an incognito browser window. If you continue to experience issues after this you may contact our support team for assistance.