On your website dashboard, select Content on the left hand menu.
At the top right, Select New Webform (If not present , please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fill out the required fields:
Title: This is the name of the form and will also appear as the title of the page.
Body: Any additional information (e.g. event/book details, etc.) can be added here and will appear on top of the form fields.
Press the Save as Draft button to save your progress.
Once the page is setup, the platform will automatically switch to a new editor where you can add the fields you want to appear on the form.
- Make sure that the Webform and Form Components tab are selected.
- To add each Form Field enter the following information and press the Add button.
- On the field below label, enter a name(e.g. Full Name, Email, etc) that you want to appear on the form. This will tell users what type of information to enter on the form.
- Select the field type in the drop down menu under Type. There are several options that you can use but here are the most commonly used:
c. If you would like to make the field required, make sure to check the box under Mandatory
3. Once you hit add, you will be able to edit the settings for the field you just added. For example, you can add a default value to the field or specify where the label will appear. The default settings work for most people. When done, press the Save Component button at the bottom.
4. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each field you want to add to the form.
Now that the form has been created, we need to make sure that we’re receiving the submissions and providing users with the correct information.
Navigate to Emails tab beside Form components. Make sure you are still under webform (Important!)
Add the email address that will receive notifications when the form is filled out. Note that you can add multiple emails.
Email settings such as how you receive the notification will appear. Again, default settings work for most people and you can just hit Save at the bottom.
Next, go to Form Settings to change the default form settings (eg. Link to a custom thank you page, limit the number of submissions that can be made on the form). The default settings also work for most people here.
Press the Save configuration button at the bottom of the page
Now, to make the form live, click the Edit tab. If you would like to view a draft first, chose the View tab.
Once you’re ready, press the Publish button. If you do not see this button, please contact support.
Creating your own forms is coming soon on Force! In the meantime, we can add forms using third party resources by using an embed code. Email email@example.com to set this up for you! For more information, read up on form options here.