Classic Platform | Force Platform | What platform am I on ?
What options do I have for forms?
On your website dashboard, select Content on the left hand menu.
At the top right, Select New Webform (If not present , please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fill out the required fields:
Title: This is the name of the form and will also appear as the title of the page.
Body: Any additional information (e.g. event/book details, etc.) can be added here and will appear on top of the form fields.
Press the Save as Draft button to save your progress.
Once the page is setup, the platform will automatically switch to a new editor where you can add the fields you want to appear on the form.
- Make sure that the Webform and Form Components tab are selected.
- To add each Form Field enter the following information and press the Add button.
- On the field below label, enter a name(e.g. Full Name, Email, etc) that you want to appear on the form. This will tell users what type of information to enter on the form.
- Select the field type in the drop down menu under Type. There are several options that you can use but here are the most commonly used:
c. If you would like to make the field required, make sure to check the box under Mandatory
3. Once you hit add, you will be able to edit the settings for the field you just added. For example, you can add a default value to the field or specify where the label will appear. The default settings work for most people. When done, press the Save Component button at the bottom.
4. Repeat steps 7 and 8 for each field you want to add to the form.
Now that the form has been created, we need to make sure that we’re receiving the submissions and providing users with the correct information.
Navigate to Emails tab beside Form components. Make sure you are still under webform (Important!)
Add the email address that will receive notifications when the form is filled out. Note that you can add multiple emails.
Email settings such as how you receive the notification will appear. Again, default settings work for most people and you can just hit Save at the bottom.
Next, go to Form Settings to change the default form settings (eg. Link to a custom thank you page, limit the number of submissions that can be made on the form). The default settings also work for most people here.
Press the Save configuration button at the bottom of the page
Now, to make the form live, click the Edit tab. If you would like to view a draft first, chose the View tab.
Once you’re ready, press the Publish button. If you do not see this button, please contact support.
In order to create a new webform please follow these steps on your website dashboard:
- Navigate to the Lead Manager tab located in the left-hand side section.
- Select the Webform builder tab that appears below the lead manager tab
- Click on the Create New Form button.
This will bring you to a pop-up window that you can use to either create a new form or choose one from our pre-made templates to start from. For this example, we are going to select the Create New Form option.
From here you will see three menu tabs at the top in order to Build input fields which are the boxes that gather information, then preview those fields and set the general settings of the form. You can always navigate back and forth as needed or follow them in sequence.
The Builder tab:
First, enter the name of the whole form and a little description of it if required.
Then we are going to start adding the input fields or boxes in the order you want them to appear from top to bottom.
For that begin by clicking on the Add Field button at the bottom. This will create one input field on your form.
Next, we are going to set up the field we just created by selecting the caption, a secondary description if needed, whether it's mandatory or not, and the type of input.
- Change the caption and description for it the same way it was done for the form title and description.
- You can check the Make this field required box if you want to make it mandatory for your users.
- To change the type of input locate the tab on the right that says Text Field by default. Common options are Email, Phone, and Address which you can find in the drop-down options.
You may leave it as a Text Field for things like the name or the subject of the message or you can change it to a Text Area for longer messages similar to the body of an email.
Repeat this process as many times as needed with the other fields by clicking on the Add Field for each new piece of information that you want to gather from your users or potential leads.
In this example, we have created a simple contact form that asks for the name, email , phone number and a message in which every field is mandatory for the users except for the phone number and the email displays an additional description.
Click on the Preview Tab:
It should look like in the image below. You can always switch back to the builder tab to make adjustments.
The Settings Tab
To finish we just need to select the settings of the form like the message of the submit button and the email it sends the leads to.
Change relative path: This is where you can set the address of the form. It will be your domain name followed by what you set here. For example, therealmanagementgroup.com/contact-us
Redirect Url: The address you enter here is where your users will be redirected after filling out the form. It will usually be any page within your site but you can paste a link to an external site too. Enter <front> for your home page.
Email: Every time a form is filled out it will be sending the information to an address of your choice.
Submit button text: You can change the caption of the submit button.
Thank you message: This is what your user sees after filling out the form.
This will give you a form with the address that was set on the Change relative path section which you can use as a standalone lead magnet page or use the same path to connect it to a menu on your website.
If you want to place the form as part of an existing page or block please send us a ticket or an email to email@example.com and the support team will be happy to assist you.